Skyward Family Access: https://student.canyonsdistrict.org/
· Skyward is the online grading program used by teachers in the Canyons School District.
· All students and parents can look at grades and assignment scores using this program.
· Skyward can be accessed from any computer with an Internet connection by using the guardian or student login and password (which is the first letter of their first name, the first three of their last name and the last four numbers of their student number).
- Go to http://www.canyonsdistrict.org.
- In the upper right of the window, click on the Skyward link.
- Choose Family Access on the left side of the new window.
- Use your guardian or student username and password to log in to Skyward Family Access. Note that parents and guardians should log in with a guardian account for full access related to online enrollment and other guardian specific information. However, Skyward web quizzes for students can only be accessed using a student account.
- If you do not know your username and password click the Forgot UserName/Password link and follow the instructions. If you still have difficulty, contact your school's attendance office.
Skyward Family Access Tutorial: http://parentconnections.canyonsdistrict.org/skyward-family-access.html. This video will show you how to access grade and attendance information.
A Guide to Online Safety: http://parentconnections.canyonsdistrict.org/secondary-6-12.html
Social Media Sites/Apps Kids Are Using: http://parentconnections.canyonsdistrict.org/social-media-apps.html
Google Apps for Canyons: http://parentconnections.canyonsdistrict.org/google-apps.html
Remind.com: many teachers use remind for their students for notifications. More info about Remind: https://help.remind.com/hc/en-us/articles/201342445-What-is-Remind-and-what-makes-Remind-safe-
Canvas: Canvas is a learning management system that allows teachers to set up a course online. Information about Canvas can be found at the company homepage at http://instructure.com. In Canyons School District, Canvas is used as blended learning tool complementing in-class instruction. Teachers are able to give assignments and quizzes, set up discussion boards, and make announcements within their course. Notifications can be customized for students via Facebook®, Twitter™, and instant messaging - all without knowing the students personal information or forming associations on those sites. Parents can be enrolled as an observer in the Canvas course to track student performance. The use of modern tools, such as Google Docs, MS Word, and video recording are incorporated into the Canvas system.
Parent Account: Parents (Observers) can link their Canvas account to their student's account so they can see assignment dues dates, announcements, and other course content. If an institution that is a Canvas client wants parents to observe a student via linked accounts, that institution must create user accounts for parents or guardians, or they will provide self-registration on their Canvas URL login page. Observers can view the course content but cannot participate in the course.
· Observers will create a Canvas account using the institution's Canvas URL. These steps are relevant to any institution that allows the self-registration banner on their Canvas URL login page.
· To observe a student, you must know the student's Canvas username and password.
· The student must be enrolled in the course and must accept the course invitation before you can sign up to observe the student. If you receive an invalid username or password message during the signup process and the student's credentials are correct, check with the student to verify that he or she has received and accepted the course invitation.
· These steps must be completed through the web version of Canvas. The observer signup process cannot be done through the mobile app.
Destiny: The library database for Canyons School District is Destiny and students may login (top right corner) with their active directory login (the usual login, the one for everything except Skyward). Their password is their entire student number. You may check your student's records for books they have out, they may request to have books placed on hold, write reviews, suggest books to peers and/or siblings, etc. All our on-line textbooks are here as well as databases for them to do research.